I will save you the effort of reading the full article if you need an answer to the question which brought you to this article. The answer is that you can’t even start. But you knew I was going to say that, didn’t you? And you already know that I will start with the logo argument, as that is the first thing you will need for a business, to begin with. But I brought you here to share a rather contrasting thought,
“How far can you go with design involved in your business”.
And, by FAR, I mean, growth in monetary terms. How much a good design adds to your pocket if applied well?
The truth is, it can bring massive returns. Give it a thought.
- I will suggest you to first examine both successful and not so successful companies and their designs.As in how they present themselves through design.
- Now look at your digital, social, and marketing designs and see if they represent the true spirit of your company. If you are not happy with it, my friend, you really need to invest in the designs.It is a proven fact, a human memory is more attracted to visual representation than any other form of representation.
- For your products to sell, you need to pick your consumer’s interests. And it is quite impossible without involving designs.The more your design speaks, the more your products attract attention.
What is the difference between a well-designed ad and a poorly designed ad ?
The bad one dies and does not convert into cash.Why in a supermarket you will pick any product but not that one with wrong spelt or boring looking product or something you know is a fake just by looking at it.Again put it to design.
What you are thinking, the designers make sure it reflects on your products, your Pages, and thus, it becomes your identity.
And c’mon, you do care about your identity, don’t you?
So how far can you actually go with your business without involving designs?
- You actually will not have any logo. You don’t have an identity to represent yourself in the market.
- You either don’t have a website or even if you have one, it’s boring enough to drive your customers to death. Your online platform has no reach in this era of online consumerism
- Your social media page is so basic even small influencers may have pity for you. No content to pick the interest of the users, no outreach via social media – the biggest online platform in today’s world.
- What is your marketing strategy without design? God, I can’t even come to terms with this. You lack in social media marketing, online marketing, and the remaining options are really low.
- With no marketing, there is a huge chance your brand may just never come up to the customers and even when it does, they will just prefer brands they have seen already.
Not only will your card for netizenship is in risk, I am afraid so is your business. This is the era of design, visual art and technology, and businesses are a huge part of it. There is a whole industry of design flourishing, and the reasons are quite clear enough. With a booming industry of design, and almost every other industry relying on it, the pace of your business without involving designs might just setback to a place in which consumerism has left already. And I am afraid, it never again will even go back to that place.